I still owe you part 2 of the Tyler gets Phat blog but I wanted to take a minute to congratulate my dear friend Linda and her blog partner Sandy from the Cemetery Divas. They were nominated for the Kreative Blogger and in turn nominated me! (Thanks Linda!)
Now the part where I tell you 7 things about me and nominate 7 other blogs!
So....7 things about me huh?
- Yes, I really have 8 kids. My husband's first wife died of breast cancer and he came complete with 4 kids :) The oldest would have been 22 this year (he died of lymphoma in 2005) and the youngest is seven.
- My husband and I own The Counting Sheep Farm and we breed Cormo and Icelandic Sheep (my daughter breeds Finns). Our farm is also home to 6 horses, 30 chickens, umpteen cats, 7 English Angora Rabbits,a Dexter cow, a llama and a LGD (Livestock Guardian Dog) (Shameless plug: the blog is here)
- We milk our cow (Mama Cow) by hand and I use her milk to make cheese and soap.
- I have a Congo African Grey named Tyler whom I adore (and everyone else is sick of hearing about) that says "Come here Paul" when he wants me to hold him.
- I homeschool
- I knit, sew, spin, rug hook, attempt to weave, scrapbook, and attempt to play guitar (hmmm....am I forgetting anything?)
- I owe everything I am and everything I am able to do to the precious Savior who gave His life to save mine.
Now for the 7 blogs I nominate:
- Farming in the Shade: Lona tells about the daily goings on at the family farm as they try to make a living working the land.
- A Holy Experience: Thanks to Lona's introduction Ann makes me cry about once a week. She has a way with words that is almost painful in the reading it is so real.
- Juniper Moon Farm: Shephard Susie all I want to be and more. She inspires me to not give up.
- A Walk through MoonWood: Another farm blog :) Roo talks about living the dream in a very honest way.
- Craftlit: Oh Heather, you have taught me so much! I am sure you have been nominated for this award a bigillion times but...
- Alpaca Farm Girl: Maybe it's the farm girl in me but I love this blog...especially the latest post.
- Danido Crafty: Hand dyed yarn, yummy patterns...what more do you want? Chocolate? Yeah...me too.