11:20 AM

Working on Banners.....











This morning has been spent working on banners and grooming bunnies. The bunnies weren't cooperating (and one must have slept under his water bottle because part of his fur was wet) so I gave them some lettuce and went to work on banners. This is what I have come up with so far...... I would love to hear what you think!

BTW the contest for a skein of hand dyed sock yarn is still going until Feb. 1st. If you want to join in the details are here There are 26 enteries so far!!!


May 8th is the official date for Shearing Day at The Counting Sheep Farm. The LaGuilde Spinners will be there so if you would like to learn to spin (or you just would like to spin with us for the day!) please stop by. Knitters are welcome too! We will have a limited number of fleeces available from our flock of Cormo, Jacob and Finn Sheep but it is really limited so first come, first serve.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Turtle said...

very nice work on the banner...the bunnies were planning against you! I really do like your rovings, tuttifrutti looks yummy! Wish you did live closer for the shearing!

Lupie said...

Glad to see you joined The Lesser Known Skeins. There are great fiber artists(as you are)with interesting blogs from all over the world. Enjoy read and commenting on them. I will visit and comment on your blog often.

oak haven alpacas said...

I love the banner! :)

Fran said...

Hi! I'm a Lesser Known Skein, too. I visited your Etsy shop. I agree with the other comments of the "8" on the banner looking like and "s". I would also have to say that I favour more intense and bright colours as well - pastels don't work on me. I do love the colourways you have already and the way you combine them! The only other suggestion I can make is for you to spin a bulkier weight yarn. Maybe I'm mistaken, but from what I could see, the heaviest weight you produce is a worsted weight while you predominantly produce lace or sock weight. Anyways, just suggestions which I hope will help. I wish you best of luck with your endeavour. Your overall shop appears very professional and appealing product-wise. I am bookmarking you!